Thursday 15 December 2011

The Versatile Blogger Award




Yay, I've won an award !!! My blogger friend Sandra has just recently awarded me with the Versatile Blogger Award. Without Sandra's encouragement I would probably still be lurking around as a blog reader or remaining relatively unnoticed somewhere in darkest deepest Flickr-land. Thank you very much Sandra, I'm chuffed to bits!

I now have to pass the award on to fifteen other deserving bloggers.

Well, it was a tough process I can tell you  .. I almost needed to take it to the public vote .... but here are my choices for the fifteen fellow bloggers on to whom I would like to pass The Versatile Blogger Award ... so, in no particular order .... tick, tock, tick, tock, tick ....


I also have to give seven facts about me.

Ok ... Ahem ....

  1. I was born on the exact same day that JFK was inaugurated ... go on, google it ... what do you mean old git LOL .. .so  that makes me a Capriquarian ... born on the cusp between Capricorn and Aquarius.
  2. I was born in Cheshire in North West England but have spent a bigger part of my life elsewhere ... first Yorkshire and now Cambridgeshire.
  3. I married for the second time nine years ago and have a daughter and son of my own biological means and two step-daughters of someone else's :) They range in age from 19 to 23.
  4. I originally studied to become an electronics engineer but I have been employed as a software engineer for almost 25 years now. If I hadn't become an engineer I would have liked to have become a hair dresser. Go on mock all you like!
  5. I was told to give up art by my art teacher at school when I was about fifteen. I'll show him :)
  6. I started painting in watercolours about eighteen years ago but then stopped for ages and only started again about two years ago.
  7. I have quite a high IQ but still can't open any type of packaged food without either stabbing or cutting myself,  inadvertently feeding the eagerly awaiting dog, or just generally making a mess everywhere !

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations Michael. What fun for you. Interesting that you would wanted to be a hair dresser. Would you still like to be?
    Thank you, that you named me for the Versatile blogger award.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The award suits you well, you have so many passions (people's heads, electronics, and paint ...) Congratulations and thank you for passing the torch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Michael.
    Congratulations on your award my friend. Well deserved. All the best.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Michael, well deserved! How could I have missed this post? It did not show up in my blogroll or dashboard????
    Very interesting 7 things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all ... I'm still blushing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, congratulations Michael, and thank you for including me in your list of awardee's. I'm sorry I missed this post initially as, like Judy, it didn't show in my blogroll.

    Off to correct my own post. Hee-hee-hee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Michael!
    I also have missed this post somehow. Thank you for the "nomination"!
    I enjoyed reading the seven facts and especially liked and can relate to the last one. I'm also an engineer having hard time with child proof packaging :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you John and Blaga ... and well deserved it is for you too -- in fact, for all the above!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Michael, and thank you so much for your mentioning my blog as a favorite of yours, I am quite flattered ! I did not see this until today, as I have been in the hospital since last friday and came out yesterday. Weak but still standing :-)) I have a lot of catching up to do and read about your intention of quitting blog land. I can relate to all you are saying, all true, it does affect your life somehow, but what a pity if you stop! You MUST find time to paint once in a while without sacrificing family life..that should be possible. All the best Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Jane. Hope you are feeling better now and get to relax with your family and enjoy the festive season :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hehe dad i never knew u wanted to be a hairdresser. sorry im commented on all ur things. i wouldnt want to be one but would love to cut someones hair i disliked hehe. love you xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Shell! Yes indeed, I liked cutting hair and I was probably the only one any of my family trusted! x

    ReplyDelete

No silly verification words here - all comments are appreciated! Thank you :)