Yay, I've won an award !!! My blogger friend Sandra has just recently awarded me with the Versatile Blogger Award. Without Sandra's encouragement I would probably still be lurking around as a blog reader or remaining relatively unnoticed somewhere in darkest deepest Flickr-land. Thank you very much Sandra, I'm chuffed to bits!
I now have to pass the award on to fifteen other deserving bloggers.
Well, it was a tough process I can tell you .. I almost needed to take it to the public vote .... but here are my choices for the fifteen fellow bloggers on to whom I would like to pass The Versatile Blogger Award ... so, in no particular order .... tick, tock, tick, tock, tick ....
- Sandra of Sandraws
- Judy of De Draad Aquarellen
- Pat of Pat Elliott Paintings
- Renske of Art by Renske
- Cristina of A Blob Of Color
- John of JWJarts
- Jane of Truecolors
- Barbra Joan of Art Hearts Place
- Joan of Joan Sicignano's Fine Art
- Lisa of Seaside Studios
- Tito of BluOltremare
- Lydie of Voyage au coeur des pigments
- Vic of Vic's one a day
- Blaga of Blaga's watercolors
- Rose of A Painting/Drawing a Day
I also have to give seven facts about me.
Ok ... Ahem ....
- I was born on the exact same day that JFK was inaugurated ... go on, google it ... what do you mean old git LOL .. .so that makes me a Capriquarian ... born on the cusp between Capricorn and Aquarius.
- I was born in Cheshire in North West England but have spent a bigger part of my life elsewhere ... first Yorkshire and now Cambridgeshire.
- I married for the second time nine years ago and have a daughter and son of my own biological means and two step-daughters of someone else's :) They range in age from 19 to 23.
- I originally studied to become an electronics engineer but I have been employed as a software engineer for almost 25 years now. If I hadn't become an engineer I would have liked to have become a hair dresser. Go on mock all you like!
- I was told to give up art by my art teacher at school when I was about fifteen. I'll show him :)
- I started painting in watercolours about eighteen years ago but then stopped for ages and only started again about two years ago.
- I have quite a high IQ but still can't open any type of packaged food without either stabbing or cutting myself, inadvertently feeding the eagerly awaiting dog, or just generally making a mess everywhere !